The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Error band colour filling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JasonLLL

5 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2024 :  5:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I am using OriginPro 2024 on Windows.

I encountered an issue while trying to plot my data in an error band format. The problem arises because the x data is not increasing monotonically. I am unable to obtain the correct plots.

When I attempted to plot the data using error bars alone, the resulting plot looked like this:

However, when I tried to change it into an error band, the region where the error band overlapped itself became transparent:

Then, when I added an empty row at the turnover between the monotonic increasing and decreasing segments of the data, the area between the yEr- of the increasing data and the yEr+ of the decreasing data was filled unexpectedly:

Ideally, the plot should look like this:

This was plotted in OriginPro a few years ago! but I am unable to replicate it now.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks!
Jason

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2024 :  08:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Right now you need to split the increasing and decreasing segments of your data into separate columns and plot them individually. I have reported this issue and we will address it. Thank you.
https://my.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48246

James
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2024 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just let you know that we have released Origin 2024b recently and the issue reported in this forum item has been fixed.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000