The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Smooth 2D Convex Hull
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Lenam

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2024 :  4:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello, I'm trying to make a smooth line around a set of points. I have tried changing the Connect type (in the Line menu) from a line generated through the convex hull app. However, every type that smooths out the line (like Bezier) results in a weird pointy shape that resembles a water drop, like the on in the figure.
Is there any way to simply smooth out the corners of a convex hull or make a smooth shape around a set of points? Thank you in advance.

YimingChen

1594 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2024 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you simply want to plot an area to cover all points, you can use the Curve Tool. See below:

James
Go to Top of Page

Lenam

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2024 :  10:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you! I got the shape I wanted. I was not aware that the Curve tool closed out shapes so nicely.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000