The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data File Col Headers should display in Origin Lab
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Baskar

India
Posted - 08/21/2006 :  11:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Version 7.5
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,

I've a excel data file which has specific column headers, the same headers has to be appeared while opening the Origin Lab software.

I've customized a template to load the same headers, while opening the Origin Lab Software, the template headers are opening properly; but when I open the excel data file as Origin Worksheet, template headers are not appearing, shows like A(X), B(Y), C(Y), D(Y)...etc.

Please help me on the same.

Regards,
-Baskar

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  3:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Baskar,

If your worksheet columns contain column labels in addition to the column names, you can show the label headers in the worksheet by:

1) In the white area outside the columns in the worksheet, right-click, and choose "Properties". The Worksheet Display Control dialog appears, so you turn ON the "Column Label" check box.

or

2) In the Script window, enter:
  wks.labels()<ENTER>

I hope this solves your problem.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Baskar

India
Posted - 08/21/2006 :  4:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hideo Fujii,

Thanks for your reply. My Worksheet doesn't have any column labels.

My problem is,

1. I've a template for worksheet which has defined column names, that shows up properly, when I open the Origin Lab software at the first time.

2. Now, I need to open a excel file, which has the same no. of columns with data; i've opened as Origin worksheet, it shows the column names are like A(X), B(Y), C(Y), D(Y)...etc instead of my defined column names.

I need to get the same defined column names (as like template column names), even after open the Excel data file.

Regards,
-Baskar

Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  02:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Baskar,

The worksheet template used for creating new/default worksheet in Origin is origin.otw and the template used when opening Excel as Origin worksheet is not the same - that uses excel.otw

So you need to customize the excel.otw template by putting in your fixed column names etc.

The process of opening the Excel file as worksheet ends up hiding the labels, and so if you have column labels, you can turn on the display of the labels using the script command Hideo mentioned in earlier post.

Easwar
OriginLab

Edited by - easwar on 08/22/2006 02:24:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Baskar

India
Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Easwar,

I've changed the EXCEL.OTW file, it works fine.

Thanks & Regards,
-Baskar

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000