The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 help! Beginner trying to export peak (x,y) values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jlok

USA
Posted - 08/21/2006 :  6:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR4
Operating System: WinXP

I thank in advance. I'm a beginner and have imported data into a worksheet. Basic x,y plot of time(x) and pH(y). Plot is saw-tooth in appearance w/ 1000s of data points (differentiating doesn't help).

I want to know (x,y) coordinates of max peak point just prior to pH drop off, then export them into Origin worksheet. I played with the Pick Peak tool for a long time and still could not locate all peaks. PFM found peaks very well but could not find (x,y) info for each peak. I think I'm almost there! Suggestions?

Unfortunatly I do not know C, or LabTalk, or etc languages.

Edited by - jlok on 08/21/2006 6:25:49 PM

zachary_origin

China
Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jonathan,

Do you mean the PFM can find the peaks but you do not know how to get the info of the peaks? In PFM you can get the info as following:
When it comes to the Results section of the PFM, in the middle of the dialog, Peak Charaterization Report area can make options for the info. Click the Options button right to Worksheet button, then in the popup dialog, make sure the checkboxes of Location for Peak Maximum Height and Peak Maximum Height are checked. Then click the Worksheet button, you can see a new worksheet was created, the columns named as CenterMax and MaxHeight are just the (X,Y) coordinates for the peaks.

Hope it helps. Any further questions?

Zachary
OriginLab GZ Office

Edited by - zachary_origin on 08/21/2006 10:46:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

jlok

USA
Posted - 08/22/2006 :  12:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Right, I tried that and my understanding was that the peak height and peak location was the height/location of the fitted curve and not that of the point selected via the peak selection wizard. So after its been fitted, the curve center would be shifted over (at least the way I fit) and thus be the center of the CURVE and not the PEAK? That was my understanding at least.
Go to Top of Page

zachary_origin

China
Posted - 08/22/2006 :  03:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, you are right. The results is for the fitted curve and not the raw data. But in the Peak Edit Control section, you can adjust each of the peaks to make the peak close to the raw data.

However, if you think this is inconvenient to many peaks, you'd better send us the data file so that we can write some codes specific to the data to do the job. You can send mail to tech@originlab.com .

Zachary
OriginLab GZ Office
Go to Top of Page

jlok

USA
Posted - 08/22/2006 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, I will try it out and get back to you if additional help is needed. I appreicate the fast response.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000