The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 change color of legend border
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jorgentoky

Japan
2 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  8:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 7.5J SR6
Operating System: win XP SP2

I have tried to change the color of the legend border, but the only way I have found so far is to apply the "Night Sky" theme. How can I change it manually? (I am trying to prepare graphs with dark backgrounds and bright lines for powerpoint presentations)

thanks for any suggestions

erica-cn

China
Posted - 08/25/2006 :  01:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi jorgentoky
To change the color of the legend border,we can use the theme concept and the details is as follows.
1. Right-click on the legend, select "Save Format as Theme..." from the shortcut menu. This opens the Save Theme Format as Theme dialog.
2. In the opened dialog box, click "Edit theme detail" button(the third button on the top right corner)
3. In the patulous dialog box, remove all the branches except "Globe/background/Border/Color" one. Select the color you need from the drop-down list. E.g. blue. Specify the name of the theme such as "legend-blue"
4. Click "OK" to execute the change.
5. Press F7.This opens the "Theme Gallery" dialog.
6. Select the "legend-blue" theme and Click the "Apply Now" button.
7. Close the dialog box
The color of the legend border is change to blue.

Another suggestion: you can change the color of the legend backgroud using the fill color from the drop-down list.

I hope this is helpful and if you have any problem please feel free to contact me.
Erica Shang
OriginLab GZ

Edited by - erica-cn on 08/25/2006 02:49:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jorgentoky

Japan
2 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  02:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you erica. I managed to get the legend border white with your tip.

One more question: How do I change the border of the "color scale" to white? I tried your procedure but it only works on the legend and I could not find any variables that seemed to have to do with the "color scale" in Theme Editing Dialog Box.

thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

erica-cn

China
Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi jorgentoky
i am sorry that i coudn't get your words. could you please attach the project and tell me what you want to get.
Thank you
Erica Shang
OriginLab GZ

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000