The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 multiple linear fits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gorkin

Algeria
2 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  3:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 6.1
Operating System: Win XP

Hi! Im still a beginner with all this plotting and fitting and science in general. Im currently spending a lot of time analyzing some routine data and I want to speed this process up. I need some kind of function that would allow me to first of all import multiple ascii columns from a text file created by a digitizer, plot the data as scatter plot on the same x-axis (time), label the axes, somehow choose the range to which linear fit can be applied and perform a linear fit simultaneously on all the curves, extract the parameter info and list them on an excel worksheet. The problem is that the range is different every time and so I was thinking that if it would somehow be possible to have multiple range selection markers that are already placed on the curves that exceed a certain gradient and then one should need to be able to choose which ones to delete and which markers to move and then fit and get the results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

kornster

Finland
Posted - 12/02/2006 :  11:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could someone help or give directions? Im having problems with this, though I should be able to do it, just dont have enough time to learn the language.
Go to Top of Page

zachary_origin

China
Posted - 12/04/2006 :  12:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can only list some functions may be used. For your practical requirment, you need write it by yourself as we can not know what are the data structures for the files and what range should be fitted.... It is impractical and also impossible for us to write the code for every users' requirment. In fact, there are many examples in the help file for every single feature (Here are also some OriginC programming examples in our website you can referece to). So you must spend some time to be familar with the OriginC or LabTalk and then combine the single feature together to perform your own task. If you have any problem in a specific function or piece of code, you can post them here and we will try to solve it.

The function may be used:
OriginC:
Worksheet::ImportASCII()
GraphLayer::AddPlot()
fitpoly()
fitpoly_range()

LabTalk:
Ascimport
stat.LR
layer -i
layer.plotxy()
worksheet -p

Zachary
OriginLab Technical Services.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000