The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 points in graph do not appear on screen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

noname1

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  11:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.0 SR0
Operating System: windows me
i have a graph containing continuous data (they form a peak).It appears on the screen to be cut in half (half of the peak does not appear-the top of the peak does not appear on the screen)
But when i copy the page and paste it in a word file the graph appears normally(all of the points are displayed).
can anybody help me?

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  10:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This must be due to "speed mode" setting of your graph. If speed mode is turned on, then all data is not plotted, to speed up plotting. And by default when the graph is copy-pasted, all data is shown in the EMF object that is copied.

When speed mode is on (and not all data is plotted in graph), there is by default a watermark shown on the graph that says "Speed Mode is On". Also the layer icon will be red. Perhaps in your case this watermark was turned off. The watermark can be turned on using the Tools|Options|Graph dialog which has a check box at the bottom.

Now, if you double click on the graph, or right click and select Plot Details, you can click on the Layer level of the tree on the left and then "Size/Speed" tab on the right and you will see check box for turning speed mode on/off for the graph and when on you can specify how many points.

So you could simply turn off speedmode and save this graph and save the graph as template as well if you want to re-use this kind of graph with other data.

Note that whether speed mode setting should affect the export, is determined by a check box which is at the Graph node level in Plot Details. Click on Graph in the left panel and then the Miscellaneous tab and there will be a check box to control this.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000