The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 color coded 2D-distribution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wilmar

Germany
Posted - 07/16/2007 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5G
Operating System: Win2K SP4

How do I generate a 2D-distribution with false color coded z-information, as it is widely used?

The advantage of this display mode in contrast to a 3D-diagram is, that one don´t need to turn it around the z-axis for getting a better impression of it´s shape. Of course, the resolution in z-direction depends upon the number of colors you can display, and it´s less quantitativ. Furthermore it requires a color bar somewhere in the diagram to show the relation between z and color.

Do I have to program this?
Is it possible to do this with LabTalk?
Is there somewhere an example, which I can possibly modify for my needs?

Thanks for your help in forehand!
M. W.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  12:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi M.W.

So you want to make for example a 2D scatter plot and use another column to color the points? If yes, you can do that in the GUI from the Plot Details dialog by assinging an indexing or mapping color for the symbols.

You can see an example of this in the \samples\graphing\2D Plots\Color Scale.opj sample project in the product.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000