The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exporting with a lot of data points
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

neutrondude

Brunei
Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 7.5
Operating System: XP Prof.

Dear all- I have a problem I would like to resolve.
I have a data file of about 10 000-20 000 points. In oprder to display it in a clear way as a graphic- I select the option of maximum displaying a certain number of points, let say 100. This appears to work nicely and I have created a nice graph. However the disappointment comes when I export the file or I print the to file using a post script printer: all points are displayed.
How can I get around this? Is there another option to select without deleting points. Or how can I create a new file and write only lest say every 50-100 point to this?

Thanks a lot

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  1:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you are plotting as scatter double-click on the curve, go to its Drop Lines tab, check the Skip Points option and enter 50 or 100. This does the same as Speed Mode (which you should probably disable) but also works for printouts or image exports.

That doesn't work for line or line+symbol plots because it doesn't skip line segments. In that case you can download the OC file at the bottom and add it to CodeBuilder's workspace as described here. Then create a copy of the worksheet with fewer rows like this...

work -d; // duplicate active worksheet
decimate %H 1 100; // remove all rows except 1, 101, 201, ...

Origin C file...
http://www.nmrtools.com/programming_files/Decimate.c

...If you just want to export to image file then enable speed mode, go to Miscellaneous tab of page properties and check the If speed mode is enabled for display, apply to graphic export as well option.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 07/25/2007 09:53:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000