The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scatter plots (new user)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DahlLab

USA
Posted - 09/07/2007 :  3:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR6
Operating System: WinXP

I'm having trouble with my scatter plots. I am plotting many sets of data, however they all share x values. I need each individual set to be distinguishable, so I'm using different colors. The problem is that some of the data points overlap. I'd like to move them, but the move points tool will only allow me to move them up and down, not sideways. This is exactly opposite of what would be helpful, because the y value is very important, but the x is not.

I also cannot create a scatter plot with multiple data sets each with a different set of x values. If I could do this I think I could solve my problem.
Thank you,
Dahl Lab

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  4:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I also cannot create a scatter plot with multiple data sets each with a different set of x values. If I could do this I think I could solve my problem.
That might be the best way to go and is not hard to do...

Easiest way is (1) add all data to the same worksheet as XYXYXY..., (2) make sure all columns containing X data are designated as X, (3) select the entire worksheet and (4) select Plot> Scatter.

Alternatively, (1) plot one Y column, (2) right-click on the layer icon and select Layer Contents, (3) add the remaining Y columns to the Layer Contents list, (4) select all columns on that list, (5) click the Group button and (6) click OK.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

DahlLab

USA
Posted - 09/07/2007 :  4:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, I think that'll work.
Dahl Lab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000