The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Adding grouped data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hendrikdecooman

Albania
Posted - 09/08/2007 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): v7.5714(B714)
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,

I'm working with a new version of Origin now and something that used to be simple now seems to be complicated: if you want to plot a graph of a big worksheet, consisting of XYXYXYXYXY.... columns, you can select the worksheet and plot, no problem. But if you want to add another group (worksheet) like this to the same graph - which I need to do constantly-,
it seems you have to first manually add every single XY pair seperately, and only then you can group the data. This takes time and is quite a drag. Is there no faster way to go about this?

Thanks in advance,

Hendrik

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  09:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hendrik,

The easiest way to expand a group of plots that I know of has always been with the Layer n dialog shown below. The only difference in Origin 7.5 is that the dialog is opened by right-clicking or ALT+double-clicking the layer icon. If you want to add to an existing group just (1) select the grouped list on the right, (2) click Ungroup, (3) CTRL+select additional Y datasets on the left, (4) click => to add them to the Layer Contents list, (5) select all datasets on the right list and (6) click Group.

You can also drag and drop an entire worksheet into a graph as explained here. You'll still need the Layer n dialog to group them with the existing plots.

The Plot Setup dialog does the same and more as Layer n but I find the latter easier for the simple task of adding and grouping.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 09/09/2007 09:52:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

hendrikdecooman

Albania
Posted - 09/09/2007 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yep, it was all in a simple right click...

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000