The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin graphs do not show up in Word
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bhkenlo

Hong Kong
Posted - 09/25/2007 :  09:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 6.0
Operating System: Windows XP

I used to have Word 2000 and Origin 6.0 on my computer and they work fine. I can always double-click the Origin figures in Word and edit them right away. However, my computer was reformatted due to virus infection. Word 2003 and Origin 6.0 were installed afterwards. When I copy (copy page) a graph from Origin and paste it in Word (paste special as an Origin Object), I cannot see the figure, it shows something like "{EMBEDED Origin Graph}".

I can right-click this object and choose edit and I can be directed me to Origin. But after edition, it still show up as this object in Word. I can convert the object in Word to a picture by pressing ctrl shift F9, but that will become a permanent picture and cannot be edited by Origin again.

When I open old Word files using Word 2003, all the Origin figures are displayed as these objects.

I hope someone could help. Thanks very much.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  10:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This must be some setting in Word. Check under Tools : Options in Word and/or consult Word's Help file.

Go to Top of Page

bhkenlo

Hong Kong
Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Greg,

You are right. I unchecked Field Codes under the View tab (from Tools, Options) in Word and everything is fine now. Thanks very much for your advice.

bhkenlo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000