The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Calculating unknowns from curve fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kelly42

New Zealand
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  8:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR4 (7.5853)
Operating System: Windows XP SP2

I'm a new Origin user. I've been through the first eleven or so tutorials. My interest is in fitting sigmoidal data from an immunoassay using the five-parameter logistic (5PL) equation (similar to the built-in logistic, but with an extra parameter for asymmetry). After a couple of days of playing with the Advanced Fitting Tool, I think I finally have the curve fitting properly. I now have a curve relating measured absorbance (y) to the concentration of my molecule of interest (x).

This curve is only a small portion of my data. I want to now calculate the value of the independent variable (x) for a large set of absorbances (y values) using the curve I just fit. The Origin tutorials showed me how to do this in a point-by-point manner using the scripting window. I need to be able to batch several hundred data points through this process. This is a common and simple requirement for biochemists; how can I do it in Origin? (preferably without learning Origin C or scripting very much)

In the end, I need to be able to idiot-proof this process as much as possible to encourage my labmates to use Origin for their nonlinear curve fits instead of the Excel Solver (ick).

Thanks for your time!!

Fay_Guo

China
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  11:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Could you use the interpolate template named interpol.otm supplied by Origin? It locates in Buttons subfolder of your Origin.exe folder. From this you can find the value if the independent variable for a large set of absorbances easily.
Could you satisfy with my answers? If you have any questions, please feel free to contact with us.

Thanks
Fay
OriginLab Technical Service

Edited by - Fay_Guo on 10/09/2007 02:03:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000