The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 XY chart points match data font color
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Dick Brich

USA
Posted - 10/16/2007 :  10:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Good Morning
can this software keep the data points plotted
in an XY chart the same as the font color of the
data points ?\thank you
Dick Brich

e.g. data points

24,3.007 red
21,2.517 blue

larry_lan

China
Posted - 10/16/2007 :  9:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I guess you can use Color Index to map symbol color

Then you will have:

Please refer to

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=List_of_Colors

for the list of color

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - larry_lan on 10/16/2007 9:46:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dick Brich

USA
Posted - 10/17/2007 :  10:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Larry Ian
the answer is no? - Origin can not
plot the points to the font color they already are?
or are you suggesting some how to index the points to their color
then chart?
thanks again
Dick B
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  12:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think you are talking about an Excel worksheet (Book3 on left) in which cells can have variable font colors. All cells in native Origin worksheets (Data3 on right) must have the same font color. While Origin can import an Excel workbook and display its multicolored cells I don't think there are many LabTalk or OriginC methods or properties that can make use of that information. (That might have changed in Origin 8 and maybe someone else knows for sure.) In that case you can use a separate column to control the symbol colors in much the same way as Larry discussed and as explained in more detail here.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Dick Brich

USA
Posted - 10/17/2007 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank You Mike Beuss!
will see if boss will let me buy Origin -
do you have a recommendation on which version
I should go for?
thanks again
Dick Brich
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  4:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 8 was just released a few days ago and you can download the free Evaluation/Demo version here...

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=12&lm=62

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Dick Brich

USA
Posted - 10/18/2007 :  4:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank You Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000