The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Simple frequency histogram with multifactors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ifurst

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  10:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin8 Demo
Operating System: XP
just trying the demo and having a hell of a time figuring things out. Hoping for some basic help on two issues:

I want a frequency histogram (or bar graph - not sure what works) that shows 2 sets of data
Wait Time (Range 0-80 groups of 10) X axis
Frequencu on Y axis
Data has a user assigned to each (5 users) - 5 different layered histograms/bar graphs.
I'm sure it's easy to do but I can't figure it out.

Also I have dates assigned to each data point. Is there any way to batch the data in months or years?

Thanks Ian.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  10:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ian,

The Histogram Plot and the Frequency Count tool under Analysis->Statistics do not currently support an additional factor column to separate out the data based on factor and then do the counting.

But there are tools that can be used to first extract data corresponding to each factor value and then do the counting, and that is perhaps best done with some scripting rather than doing this manually each time.

Would you mind sending us your data and we can look into this more?You could send us your Origin project file or the raw data.

You can e-mail it to tech@originlab.com
Please refer to this forum post in your e-mail

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000