The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Pressure-Volume Curve Analysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

PopCapture

Belgium
Posted - 10/24/2007 :  6:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I need to fit the data points to an exponential equation P = Ae^(bV), where P is pressure (mm Hg), V (mL) is the volume, A and b are constants indicating the position and rate of the curve.

Next I need to determin A and b constants by using the least-square linear regression analysis of the linear form of the equation lnP = lnA + bV.

I would appreicate any value lead as to how to do these step using Origin 7.

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  06:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For general instructions on creating a fitting function see Analysis: Curve Fitting> The Nonlinear Least Squares Fitter> User-Defined Fitting Functions in the Origin 7 or 7.5 reference (Help> Origin). If you have an earlier version of Origin then this article might be useful...
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&pid=537

Your fitting functions will be y = A*exp(b*x) and y = ln(A) + b*x. Columns V(X) and P(Y) will be the independent (x) and dependent (y) variables for the first function. You'll need to create another column, lnP(Y), and Set [its] Column Values to ln(col(P)) to get the dependent variable for the second function.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000