The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Gaussian Fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fini

Germany
Posted - 10/25/2007 :  4:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have to do a Gaussian Fit on the left peak in the picture. I use advanced fitting tool, select gaussian function and then choose x date from 500 until 1700. i do same for y data. i take following start values:y0=1300; xc=1200;A=1000; w=200 and i have all on vary. If i then want to fit following error appears:
your fitting function is not generating values. check that your database has values.
if u have a user defined function...

i dont use a use defined function and i surely have values in my dataset. Cause of some transitions between programs all x-values have a >. For example 574>.
COmplete data have 4096 values so i cannot post all data here.
Someone can give an advice?

Edited by - fini on 10/25/2007 5:07:01 PM

larry_lan

China
Posted - 10/25/2007 :  9:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Fini:

To restrict the input data range, you can

1> Select the data range before bringing up the fitting dialog page.

2> Select rows on the following

If it doesn't work, please send your data to tech@originlab.com and we will have a try.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin interprets 574> as a missing value so you must get rid of all > before you plot. This LabTalk script removes the last character from column 1.

for(i=1;i<=wks.maxrows;i++)
{
%A=cell(i,1)$; // get cell (row=i, col=1)as string
%A=%[%A,%[%A]]; // strip last character which is >
cell(i,1)=%A; // assign to cell
};

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

fini

Germany
Posted - 10/26/2007 :  08:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i have sent an e mail with the data. im looking for your help. i have to do some more of these gaussian fits on similar data.
Go to Top of Page

fini

Germany
Posted - 10/26/2007 :  08:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i copied your script in the script window, but i dont know how to execute it. theres an option named script execution but nothing happens if i click it.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  09:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just select all lines of code as shown below and press Enter.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 10/26/2007 09:10:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

fini

Germany
Posted - 10/26/2007 :  09:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i did what you said and it works fine. gaussian fit works too. very thx for the help

Can you explain me what i have to change in your script to let it work on an other column?

ah got it. easy going.

Edited by - fini on 10/26/2007 09:47:23 AM

Edited by - fini on 10/26/2007 09:55:20 AM

Edited by - fini on 10/26/2007 09:55:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000