The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2-D binning matrixes from big tables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

thomaspreuth

Switzerland
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: Win 2k

Hello,

When i want to convert a big table (2 rows, but app. 60,000 columns) into a 2-D binning matrix (i keep the standard bins) there comes out a matrix without values. does anybody know this problem?
With less values (10,000) it works fine

Cheers,
thomaspreuth

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  01:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Thomas,

We have improved the code and this tool in the latest version, Origin 8. You can download the demo and try.

I filled worksheet with some random data with 1 million points, and to bin that much data to a 100x100 matrix it took just about 4 seconds.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

thomaspreuth

Switzerland
Posted - 07/21/2008 :  02:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thanks for the info, but even when I wanted to create matrixes from a table with app.7000 value columns i cannot create a matrix. Why does this work sometimes and sometimes not?
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Thomas,

Please send your OPJ with data to tech support so they could look to see if there is a solution for 7.5

Did you try the same data in Origin 8 (demo)?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  09:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Thomas,

You could try the following solution in 7.5 to see that works with your data...this would require adding and compiling an OC function...

Go to this page:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=8&lm=117&pid=268
and select the "Bin 2D" example under "Data Analysis" and get that code and compile it. Then you could try running it for your data.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000