The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Peak Labels with Baseline Peaks Tool in Origin 7.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tbn

2 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  3:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I am trying to label a mass spectrum with peak labels using the Baseline and Peaks tool in Origin Pro 7.5 so I dont have to do them by hand. However, once the labels are generated, I cannot manually move them one by one. The labels sometimes are too far away from the peaks and other times appear right in the middle of the peak, so it's not very attractive. Is there a way to manipulate each label independently so I can drag them to the desired position? A picture is below, hopefully it works. Thanks in advance for your help.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  5:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

After you find the peaks and label them, just double click on any one label...this will open Plot Details where the labels are show as a Label dataset. Then on the right side panel, you can set rotation angle, x offset, y offset, font size and color etc....I think that will do what you are looking for?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

tbn

2 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  5:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Easwar, I tried doing what you suggested before. And the problem is it always scales EVERYTHING, so if I adjust Y offset to make one of the labels perfect, the other ones get screwed up because all the labels are linked to each other.

Is there a way to select just one? As you know, when Origin goes through and picks the peaks based on user-defined criteria, it makes a Label column in a separate worksheet and then graphs those in the active graph. So therefore the points are linked in the dataset like in any other graph.

However, in a 'normal' graph you have the option of moving data points with Data>Move Data Points but since it's a text data set the data points cannot be moved.

So do you have suggestions as to what is an alternative to quickly label (hundreds of) peaks and be able to move the labels around?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If shared properties for the label dataset such as offset, rotation angle etc do not work, and you really want each label to be independent, then perhaps only way is to write some script to create labels individually using the label command, and place them at the desired x,y position with the y value as the text.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000