The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to do stats from a graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kleene

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  2:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Using Origin 6.1 on XP, I'd like to find a way to highlight a range of points on a simple x-y graph and calculate the average of those points. I know how to select a range on the worksheet and get an average with Descriptive Statistics, but that's much more labor-intensive than selecting by eye from the graph.

The graph is imported from pCLAMP and has 2048 points. I can use the Data Selector tool on the graph, and the fitting tools under Analysis work on the selected range. But what I need seems to be under Statistics, which is only available for the worksheet. I looked into the Masking tools, but none of them are available when the graph is selected.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  5:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Antoine Couturier, an Origin user made the following tool which suggests it's compatible with Origin 6.1. You might look at it.

http://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=91

--Hideo
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

kleene

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  10:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks! That does just what I needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000