The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to indicate a imaginary value in Oringin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

phu00659

1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  02:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
As title,
but I cannot find any function to indicate that,
I wonder if it is proformed by a special letter or something else..

thanks for any reply.

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/31/2008 :  11:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Nilsross,

Would you mind tell us which version of Origin you are using?

In Origin 8.0, you can highlight the column and right-click to choose the Properties from the fly-out menu to bring up the Column Properties dialog. You can select Numeric for the Format item and Complex (16) for the Data Type item in the Options area. Click Ok and then a range of complex values can set in this column.

The detail about this function can be seen from Help: Origin> Workbooks, Worksheets and Worksheet Columns > Reference > Reference: The Worksheet Properties Dialog Box

There is also an X-function can be used to constructs a complex vector from the real parts and imaginary parts of the complex numbers: vri2c.

The user guide of this X-function can be seen from Help: X-function > Data Manipulation > vri2c.

Any problem, please contact with us!

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  9:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Once you have change a column to be complex, you can then type complex numbers as follows

1+2i

where the suffix i will denote the imaginary part of a number.
You can experiment with this yourself and try like

2i

etc as well. If you put in a value in the wrong format, you will get --, the missing value.

CP
Go to Top of Page

radoslavb

USA
Posted - 08/25/2008 :  4:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
(I have OriginPro 8 SP2)
Suppose col(A) contains the real part and col(B) contains the imaginary part of the data. Can I create col(C) of type Complex(16) and fill it with the complex values A+Bi ?
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  8:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
LabTalk arithmetics currently does not support complex dataset yet, and we can consider adding that in the next version.

For now you have to use X-Function from LabTalk, as what Shirley was pointing out.

For the simple case you described, do the following

vri2c col(A) col(B) col(C);

You can find out more about this XF by

vri2c -h;

You can find out more about other vector related XF by

lx v*;

CP
Go to Top of Page

radoslavb

USA
Posted - 08/26/2008 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000