The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 access trGetN from x-function main function?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  10:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
I am currently trying to include a dynamically populated string combo box (or list box) in an x-function dialog. For this purpose, I add and populate a list box to trGetN in the before_execution function of the x-function. But I am not sure how to access this function later in the main function of the code, since no trGetN variable is supplied there. Is there any way to access dynamically generated controls of the dialog in the main function? Or, if this is not the case, can I use event handling functions to detect a change in the list box and pass the resulting value to the main function?
Thanks,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  10:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Damn, mistyped part of my post and apparently cannot edit it (bug in the forum?): I was trying to say:

But I am not sure how to access this LIST BOX later in the main function of the code, since no trGetN variable is supplied there.

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 08/08/2008 :  06:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you want to dynamically a list box and then use it in x-function body, you may need to construct it in a treenode fisst. Please refer to the link below to see how to work with a treenode

http://ocwiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=XFProgramming:Work_with_treenode

Echo
OriginLab Corp

quote:
Originally posted by SMCA

Hi there,
I am currently trying to include a dynamically populated string combo box (or list box) in an x-function dialog. For this purpose, I add and populate a list box to trGetN in the before_execution function of the x-function. But I am not sure how to access this function later in the main function of the code, since no trGetN variable is supplied there. Is there any way to access dynamically generated controls of the dialog in the main function? Or, if this is not the case, can I use event handling functions to detect a change in the list box and pass the resulting value to the main function?
Thanks,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891

Go to Top of Page

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  07:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Echo,
thanks for the reply. This was not exactly what I was looking for, although it represents a workaround that I had not thought of so far. My idea was to populate a list box as a treenode of the main x-function dialog control tree trGetN, so that the box can be seamlessly integrated into the dialog without any additional expandable tree items like in the example. Right now I am using a int combo box that I populate dynamically in the before_execution function and simultaneously populate a global array with the same indexes as the int combo box. With this I can translate the int combo box index into a string value from the array in the main function, but that approach is neither elegant nor very practical, so I thought of directly using the trGetN-structure.
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 08/08/2008 :  07:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Stefan

If so, you can set a string variable first such as

Name = list
Label = List Box
Input/Output = Input
Data Type = string
Data = 0
Control = a|b

Then add following code in before execute

trGetN.list.SetAttribute(STR_COMBO_ATTRIB, "|t1|t2|t3");

Echo
OriginLab Corp

quote:
Originally posted by SMCA

Hi Echo,
thanks for the reply. This was not exactly what I was looking for, although it represents a workaround that I had not thought of so far. My idea was to populate a list box as a treenode of the main x-function dialog control tree trGetN, so that the box can be seamlessly integrated into the dialog without any additional expandable tree items like in the example. Right now I am using a int combo box that I populate dynamically in the before_execution function and simultaneously populate a global array with the same indexes as the int combo box. With this I can translate the int combo box index into a string value from the array in the main function, but that approach is neither elegant nor very practical, so I thought of directly using the trGetN-structure.
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891

Go to Top of Page

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  08:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Echo,
thanks a lot, that was right what I needed!
A comment for those who are interested in the above example: The option string "R:0" has to be included in the x-function dialog builder. If this is not set, you will obtain an error message along the lines of "Variable value is not in predefined list, VarName = list, VarValue = t1".
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000