The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 x-axis of fit plot does not scale in NLFitter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sterw

Netherlands
Posted - 08/08/2008 :  05:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
When I use the NLFitter on a graph with x, y and yerror data the x-axis of the fit in the NLFit sheet does not scale with the data. The residual plot scales are OK.
I used the following data:
x y yerror
0.1 11 2
0.2 19 2
0.3 33 2
0.4 40 3
0.5 49 3
0.6 61 3
and made a scatter plot. I used the line function for the fit, but it does not seem to depend on the function.
When I select the 3 columns in the worksheet and perform the fitting from the worksheet the scaling is OK.
Wim

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  10:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. There is a bug of rescaling the X axis when there is Y Error. I have trackered it in #11986 and reported to our developer to fix it for coming sr3.

For now, you have to double click the Graph in result sheet to open it. Right click the X axis and then then choose Rescale to Show All to update the graph. Then close the graph window. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000