The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 quesiton on batch process of fitting curves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

GaussianFit

38 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I'm a new user of Origin software and I'm still getting familiar with it. I've come up with a question about how to use Origin 8 to fit a bunch of data curves: Right now I'm fitting each curve manually using a user-defined nonliner fitting function. The initial parameters and the data range are the same for each curve. This is fine for now but I have to repeat this operation on hundreds of curves and it's really a tedious job to do it one by one. Is there a simple way to perform such data analysis function automatically? Any idea would be really appreciated! Thanks a lot first.

Origin Version: Pro 8 SR2
Operating system: Windows XP Professional SP2

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  9:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am afraid at the current version of Origin (SR2), you will have to use LabTalk script to do this. We are planning to automate this type of things without any programming in Origin 8.1 planned for next year.

If you are up to doing LabLalk, the following example can be modified to suite your need.

http://wiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=LabTalk:Curve_Fitting#Fit_Multiple_Peaks_with_Replica

CP
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  11:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

For a meantime, just as an offhand work-around, you may also try Origin8's "Multi-Data Fit Mode":

1) Plot ALL datasets you want to fit such as by using Plot Setup dialog.
2) Using "Selection on All Plots" in the Regional Data Selector, select ALL data plots (click-and-drag diagonally from one corner to another).
3) Start NLFit session, and in the "Data Selection", choose "Independent Fit" in the Multi-Data Fit Mode setting. NLFit fits all datasets at once, and individual fit curves are included in the report sheet in the worksheet.

Hope you can save some time.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab Corp.

Go to Top of Page

GaussianFit

38 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hideo,

THANK YOU SO MUCH, this trick works like a charm! It saved my day.
Also thanks cpyang for pointing out Origin 8.1 will have such automation function incorporated, LabTalk should also work but I feel it's a step back since similar job can be done in other programming packages such as matlab.

quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

Hi,

For a meantime, just as an offhand work-around, you may also try Origin8's "Multi-Data Fit Mode":

1) Plot ALL datasets you want to fit such as by using Plot Setup dialog.
2) Using "Selection on All Plots" in the Regional Data Selector, select ALL data plots (click-and-drag diagonally from one corner to another).
3) Start NLFit session, and in the "Data Selection", choose "Independent Fit" in the Multi-Data Fit Mode setting. NLFit fits all datasets at once, and individual fit curves are included in the report sheet in the worksheet.

Hope you can save some time.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab Corp.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000