The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 "System Folder build failed! Please resolve."
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

djw

Switzerland
Posted - 08/18/2008 :  05:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have been getting this message
"System Folder build failed! Please resolve."
on starting Origin 7.5 Pro since friday 15 July 2008. I have Origin installed on an IBM Thinkpad

running Windows XP.

The message comes regardless of whether I start origin directly or whether I double -click on an origin project folder

This message has been coming since the last set of Windows XP updates which came during last week . I did not have it before.

Also Origin kept requesting me to register the product even though I had originally registered it at the time of purchase. I did not have these messages before I had this problem

The message would not bother me much but I cannot now append one Origin project to another. There may also be other features which don't work which I haven't tried yet.

I have tried each of the following :

1. restarting te computer -> no improvement

2. Deleting the "User Files" directory where my local user data is stored. (as suggested in a couple of old forum entries) - no improvement.

3) uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and requesting a new FlexLM license. -> no improvement

Any ideas what I can do about this rather polite but dopey message and about getting my non-functioning feature(s) back?

Many thanks
Dave Webb

djw

Switzerland
Posted - 08/18/2008 :  06:11:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm sorry - panic over
After ploughing deeper through the Fora I found the the reference to the page:
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=1080&language=English&Version=All
on the Origin web site which says that for V7.5 installing SR6 should solve this and other problems. So I tried it and it did!

Thanks for posting this info.

BTW you can add to the list of problems that are fixed by this SR
that of not being able to append one project to another.

regards,
Dave Webb
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000