The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Draw Data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

OndrejMM

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  02:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
this might be a stupid question but it drives me crazy,... so how can I control the symbol size when I'm using "Draw Data" function from the toolbar???

in one OPJ project file it draws "green squares size 3" and in another it draws "black squares size 9" ??? I don't see any difference between the files,...

thank you in advance
Ondrej

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/18/2008 :  05:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ondrej,

This could be caused by using different templates. Is this also the case for you?

However, you can always format the drawn data points after you have finished using the tool.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

OndrejMM

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  5:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna,

I don't use different templates for different OPJ project, so it cannot be due to this reason,...

Yep, I know that I can format the draw data afterwards, but my problem is that when I start to draw data and it draws big points "9" it becomes so messy that I cannon't see where I want to add the next point,...

I've tried to make new template with the hope that Origin will use this as a default for the symbol size but it does not,...

can I somehow set up default symbol size, shape? or if I start to draw points can I draw the one point then format the size and then continue with the same set of drawing points? or some other cheating method?

cheers
Ondrej

Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  8:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't see a quick solution to this as the draw tool is based on some labTalk script.

But you can use the following script to start the draw tool instead of clicking the tool itself

dotool 5;queue {set %B -z 2};

Basically, in the script that drives this tool, %B is the name of the dataset being drawn.

CP
Go to Top of Page

OndrejMM

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  04:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks a lot,... this is excatly what I need,...
cheers
Ondrej
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000