The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 data annotation tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  08:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
when I use the data annotation tool to mark specific points in my plot, then save the project, close it and reopen it, the annotations are still there, but any custom format is missing. Furthermore, and most annoying, the index of the data point is no longer the right one, all data annotations are reset to x[0], y[0].
Any suggestions? Can I somehow restore my data points? I was indexing a several dozens of graphs yesterday, and now I open the project just to find the work of a couple of hours reduced to a bunch of meaningless x[0], y[0] labels.
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR3 B932

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  1:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems that we have a serious bug with the Cursor tool, so don't use it, it will look up Origin, leaving only control available from script window.

But I am not able to see a problem with the Annotation tool. I plot 30 row numbers into XY scatter plot and anonotate a few points, save and reopen the OPJ, the graph is still properly anonotated. As the tool simply add the same string to each, and only during drawing that the actual X, Y, and index are updated, it might then be related to something else and might be dependent on the OPJ.

So please try with a new OPJ and if indeed only seen in your OPJ, then please send it to us (can send to cp@originlab.com)

CP
Go to Top of Page

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  05:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi CP,
You are right. I just checked with an empty project, and there it works. Then I reopened the project where I had the problems with the annotation tool (the old annotations where still missing, and some new ones from yesterday were reset to (0,0)[0]), inserted a new annotation, reopened, and hey presto, it was there again. This behaviour definitely occured after upgrading to SR3. Maybe it has something to do with the graph theme I use. I'll keep an eye on the annotation tool and post back as soon as I see any irregularity.
Thanks for the reply!
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR3 B932
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000