The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Custom legend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pavel1

Czech Republic
Posted - 09/05/2008 :  06:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I am using OriginPro 8 SR3.
I would like to display workbook names or dataset names in the legend.
I tried to enter Custom Legend Format (in Plot Details dialog), as @W or @D. But it does not work, and after re-opening Plot Details the field is empty.
What is the correct format for Custom Legend?

Thanks in advance.

Pavel

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  08:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are you following this link?

http://wiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=LabTalk:Substitutions_Notations#.25.28_.29_Substitution

Should be in the form of %(1, @W), %(1,@D)

CP
Go to Top of Page

pavel1

Czech Republic
Posted - 09/05/2008 :  09:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks cpyang,

however %(1,@W) does not work either. It is O.K. for a direct substitution in the legend properties dialog but my concern is for the default legend format which should appear after clicking New Legend.

Pavel
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  02:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Pavel,

To customize the default legend, you will need to edit the file origin.ini in your user files folder. You can follow this link to see the details:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=QuickHelp:How_do_I_customize_the_default_axis_titles_and_legend

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

pavel1

Czech Republic
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  03:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna,

thank you very much for your help. Modification of the origin.ini file works well.
However, if the legend is changed in this way the translation mode does not work at all (even for predefined possibilities: Data Range, Long Name, ...).
I would be nice to have a possibility to create, using customized translation mode, different legends (e.g. for graph templates)directly from the Origin GUI.

Pavel
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  03:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Pavel,

The translation mode works only for legend text that contains "%(i)", where i is the layer content index.

Please close Origin and restore the legend control text in Origin.ini to
Legend=\L(%d) %%(%d)\r\n

Then restart Origin.

This makes the translation mode working in Origin again. Then you can customize the translation mode in the Plot Details dialog. Save this graph as a tempalte for future use. Next time you create a graph with this template, the customized translation mode should apply.

I am not sure whether this is what you want. If it is not, please let us know.

You mentioned in your first post that @W and @D don't work. However they work in my computer with SR3. I selected Custom from the Translation Mode drop-down list in the Plot Details dialog and then entered "@D" in Legend Custom Format. After clicking OK in the dialog, the legend of the active graph changed to dataset names, which was correct.

Deanna
Go to Top of Page

pavel1

Czech Republic
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  05:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna,

thanks once more. My main problem is really that @W, @D do not work
if I apply exactly the same procedure as you described. However,
I performed additional research and found that everything is O.K. if I change Windows (XP SP3) Regional Options from Czech to English(United States). So, this is probably to be corrected in next SR, I will use some workaround in the meantime.

Pavel
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  05:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmm.. I can reproduce this bug after setting my Win XP's language to Czech.

Thank you for reporting the bug. And we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We have written down this bug in our tracker system as item #12161. Our developers will try to fix it before next SR.

Deanna

Edited by - Deanna on 09/08/2008 05:55:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000