The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Hanning window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I wounder if you can help me with FFT signal processing. I using origin 8 to calculate the power spectrum for a set of data. The settings are:
Rectangle or hanning window
Science
one sided
Mean square amplitude.

Now, with the rectangle window the normalization (if one can call it so) is correct ( some of the powers except zero frequency value returns the variance of the time data). on the other hand, for the hanning the value is too high mainly because high powers at low frequencies. So I would like to know what i am missing here? is it a factor that i must multiply with or something like that?

Regards

fisher_zhang

China
Posted - 01/24/2009 :  12:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, mssm22

Can you send us your data and the version of Origin you are using to tech@originlab.com

You can check the Origin Ver here: Help -> About Origin

Fisher

quote:
Originally posted by mssm22

Hello,

I wounder if you can help me with FFT signal processing. I using origin 8 to calculate the power spectrum for a set of data. The settings are:
Rectangle or hanning window
Science
one sided
Mean square amplitude.

Now, with the rectangle window the normalization (if one can call it so) is correct ( some of the powers except zero frequency value returns the variance of the time data). on the other hand, for the hanning the value is too high mainly because high powers at low frequencies. So I would like to know what i am missing here? is it a factor that i must multiply with or something like that?

Regards

Edited by - fisher_zhang on 01/24/2009 12:52:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  04:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi, I know that you guys must be busy, but I sent the data since 10 days now and there is no reply

regards
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  10:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mohammed,

We had sent a reply on Jan 26th, but our system for some reason truncated part of your e-mail address...we are looking into that issue.

I have sent you a message again, with an OPJ showing results we get, and asked you for further information on what you think is the discrepancy.

Please reply to that message or post details here.

Thanks, and aplogies for the inconvenience.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi and thanks

I already sent an email

regards
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000