The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 display data in bar chart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

will99

1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8G SR4
Operating System: XP pro

Hi there,

somewhat simple question but it drives me crazy

how can I display the corresponding data on top of every bar in my chart? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and regards

Will

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  6:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You have to add a new column next to your Y data and set it as Label type (L). You can right-click to choose Set As.

Then you can right-click on this (L) column and open Set Column Values dialog to put in the formula "col(B)", assuming that is what your Y column is. By default, Recalculate is set to Auto so this new column will always contain the same value as your Y column.

Then you can select both the Y and the L column to plot a column plot.

We will make this simpler in our next service release, you will be able to just do the following:

1. Select A(x)B(y) to make column plot
2. enter the following LabTalk code
layer -iL %C;

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000