The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with "Copy Page"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Stanislaw

5 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 7.5 Server, WinXP

Hello,

I have the following problem with "copy page".
I've made a graph with two layers containing some plots (1st layer - left Y, 2nd layer - right Y). I've put two arrows indicating left and right Y. Then I've modified the content of each layer by adding and removing some plots. I've noticed that the arrows have disappeared (I haven't removed them). Then I've copied the page (Ctrl+I) to the MSWord. Please, guess what have been copied to the Word ....
the arrows !!
If I use "Export Page" the result is the same - the arrows!
Is there any solution for that problem ??
Certainly, I can create once more my graph but it would be waste of time.

Thank you for any comments in advance.

Stanislaw

Stanislaw

5 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  3:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To be more precise: together with the arrows the graph is also copied, however it is positioned ca. two lengths of Y axis below the arrows. It is not possible to find those arrows to remove them, even if I'll use "zoom out" (Ctrl+M).

Stanislaw
Go to Top of Page

rlewis

Canada
253 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  02:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The last time I faced a problem like this I found it simpler to write some small OriginC utility functions to delete the offending objects. The following functions did the trick for me

void DeleteNamedGraphObject(string strObjectName)
{
	/*
		Deletes graphobjects named "strGrOpjName" in all layers on the Active page
	*/
	Page Pg=Project.Pages();
	if(Pg.IsValid()==true)
	{
		foreach (Layer Layr in Pg.Layers)
		{
			GraphObject grobj(Layr.GraphObjects(strObjectName));
			{
				if (grobj.IsValid()==true)
				{
					grobj.Destroy();
				}
			}
		}
	}	

}

void DeleteNamedObjectType(string strObjType)
{
	/*
		Deletes named GraphbjectsTypes on all Layers of the Active page
	*/
	Page Pg=Project.Pages();
	if(Pg.IsValid()==true)
	{
		foreach (Layer Layr in Pg.Layers)
		{
			foreach (GraphObject grobj in Layr.GraphObjects)
			{
				if(grobj.GetObjectType().CompareNoCase(strObjType)==0)
				{
					grobj.Destroy();
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
Go to Top of Page

Stanislaw

5 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  05:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
> The following functions did the trick for me
> void DeleteNamedGraphObject(string strObjectName)
> ..........
> void DeleteNamedObjectType(string strObjType)
> ..........

Thank you for the reply.
How to use these functions ? I'm not so familiar with the Origin.

Stanislaw
Go to Top of Page

Stanislaw

5 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  1:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Stanislaw,

In 7.5, in Tools->Options dialog, on the Page tab, you can change the Margin Control drop-down to Page and save the settings. The default I think is Tight. What Tight does is to include all objects in the smalles possible rectangle, and if there are objects way outside the "printable area" of the page, those get included and end up distorting what you want to copy. Tight is useful for customers who do not want "white space" around their graph, in cases where the layer and the objects do not cover the entire page.

In O8 we also added a 'tight in page' option which can also avoid capturing objects way outside the printable area.

Easwar
OriginLab

P.S. Oops I accidentally changed your posting, you had reported that you fixed the problem by realizing that arrow is attached to scale, so it gets pushed outside of the page and so gets included in the copy paste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000