The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fill column
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tergo

2 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  04:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

hi,

I want to fill a column with numbers startig: 0 10 20...with 10 units between them, what do I have to do?

thankss

emily_yu

China
37 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  01:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Teresa

For example, you want to fill column A with numbers: 0, 10, 100, then you can do it in the ways below:

1. Enter "col(A)=data(0,100,10)" in the command window.

Or

2. Highlight the col(A) and right click the mouse and select "Set Column Values" to bring up a dialog box, enter "data(0,100,10)" in the column formula. You can get more information from this webpage:

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/category/using_formulae_to_set_or_transform_worksheet_column_values.htm

Or

3. Write 0 in the 1 row of col(A), and 10 in the 2 row of it, select them and hold ALT key when drag this selection down to the 10 row. Please refer to this webpage for more details:

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/mergedProjects/QuickHelp/QuickHelp/How_do_I_auto_fill_cells_with_data.html

Best regards,
Emily
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

tergo

2 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  06:09:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

many thanks Emily for your help

I achieved it with the second way and I tryed the third way but I cant do it, when I clicked in the lower right of the selection rectangle and hold ALT, so the cross (+) no appears

I would like to know why, maybe because do I have OriginPro 7 ??

Best regards

Teresa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000