The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Nonlinear Fit fails to start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

buckmurdock

Sweden
Posted - 02/24/2009 :  06:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When I try to start the Nonlinear Fit, either through the menu or using Ctrl+Y, I get a window that very briefly pops up saying it's compiling for first use, and then... nothing. I never get the NLF dialog. It doesn't freeze; I can keep using Origin, but no NLF.

I never had trouble in Orign 7.5, and initially after installing Origin 8 it worked fine. At some point I started having this problem, I didn't know why. I reinstalled O8 and then the NLF worked, although I had a new bizarre problem that starting O8 always popped up an error dialog about something like "SYSTEMT.TXT", which I could close and then continue using Origin. I think I had SR1 at this point. Later checking for updates, I patched to SR4 (via SR2). The strange error message went away. I haven't needed NLF in a while and this may be the first time I've tried to use it since patching. And it's strange that the nonlinear fit once again won't start.

Please help!

O8 SR4 / Win XP SR3

emily_yu

China
37 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  01:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Buck

I suggest that you can download Origin8 SR4 demo from our website:

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=12&lm=62

Please use your SN to install the demo.

You had better backup the files in the old User File Folder first. Then cleanly reinstall Origin. Install Origin in an empty folder and set Origin User File Folder to an empty folder. Next, copy the backuped files into the new User File Folder.

If this problem still exists, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Emily
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

buckmurdock

Sweden
Posted - 02/25/2009 :  08:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Emily,

I've reinstalled and the NLFit launches now. I'll hope it stays that way! Thanks for the tip about installing from the updated demo file; I was dreading having to patch all the way up to SR4 again from the install CD.

cheers!
Buck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000