The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 XYZ contour plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

circumvent

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  3:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): #65304;#65294;#65296;
Operating System:#12288;#65334;#65353;#65363;#65364;#65345;

Hi,

I have a question about XYZ contour plot. I have worksheet with XYZ values, where Z varies from 0 to 1. In the contour plot details, color map/contours, I choose number of levels=30 and use blue for 0, red for 1, introducing other colors for mixing.

now, the color scale control will show 32 levels. In addition to the previous 30 levels (blue to red), Origin adds black(level<0) and gray (level>1).

My questions:
1) how to remove the black and gray color scale (since Z will be never be bigger than 1 or smaller than 0, the contour plot won't see black and gray colors)

2) how to reduce the number of levels in the color scale (only the color scale legend). I still want 30 levels in my plot, but only show 5 representative colors in the color scale. (otherwise the figure looks very crowded)

Thanks,

Jinbo

emily_yu

China
37 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  9:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Jinbo

For your first question:

Double click the graph to open the "Plot Details" dialog box.
In the left panel, select the workbook below the layer, in the "Color Map/Contours" tab, click the black color below "Fill" to bring up ¡°Fill¡± dialog box, then you can select "None" in the "Fill Color". Please do the same to the gray color.

For more information, you can refer to this webpage:

The (Plot Details) Color Map/Contours Tab

For your second question:

In the color map, the color of label is consistent to the levels of color that you use in graph. If you feel the figure looks crowded, maybe you can double click the label to bring up "Color Scale Control" dialog box, then increase the value in ¡°Label Increment¡±, click "Ok" button.

Best regards,
Emily
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - emily_yu on 03/04/2009 9:24:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000