The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 simulation automation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jospector

8 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  2:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver . and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR 4
Operating System: XP

I have created a user defined fitting function and wish to draw several simulated curved. Is there a way to automate this process? That is, supply a range of parameters and how much to increment them each fit, and then generate a curve for each set of parameters? I would like to simulate a large number of curves and writing in the parameters each time is not practical.I looked for help inside Origin, but only found that the simcurve Xfunction isn't available in a labtalk script...
thanks,
-js

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi js,

I added this example:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Curve_Fitting#Creating_Multiple_Simulated_Curves_With_a_User-Defined_Fitting_Function

Please see if this works for you, if not let us know.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jospector

8 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  1:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it works great though i modified it to handle 3 parameters. Is it passable to make it plot each one in a seperate graph, and then export them automatically ?
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  4:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jospector

it works great though i modified it to handle 3 parameters. Is it passable to make it plot each one in a seperate graph, and then export them automatically ?

Hi,

You can use the plotxy x-function to make the plots. You can do this inside the loop, and then use expgraph x-function to export. You can look up the x-function reference file for these.

If you need further help let us know. Please post in the LabTalk Script forum for scripting questions.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000