The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 MArk special points in contour plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Halderan1

1 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin8
Operating System: Win XP

Hello,
I made a contour plot and I want to mark a prominent spot on that plot (for example with a black circle and a label). Now in the normal viewing mode I can simply do that by clicking on the buttons circle and text respectively on the toolbar. But whenever I zoom in, those marks scale with the page and not with my data. There is an option to scale with the layer, but when I enable this, the mark will scale in the right way but also gets larger as I zoom in. Furthermore the distance between circle and label gets increased (since they are not grouped together).
I wanted to know if there is a way to group these two marks and attach it to the layer in a way they don't change their sizes if zooming in.
Cheers

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  6:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I suggest you read the XY coordinate of the point you need to mark using the Screen Reader and add this single point to a worksheet and add as a Scatter Plot to that same layer, together with a Label column.

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000