The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D halftransparent with data points
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sams83

6 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  10:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I have a question concerning 3D color plots.
I have two data sets.
I displayed the first data set with a 3D-colormap Surface plot and now want to add in the same graph the second dataset as 3D Scatter (i.e. just points)
Everything works well, the only problem is that one cannot see the data points which are "under" the 3D-colormap.
Is there a function with which one can use half-transparent 3D color plots?
Another possibility would be to "push" the 3D-plot in the background, so that all the points are visible. Is there such a function available?

I hope I explained my problem well, if not, please ask...

Thank you for your suggestions...
Simone

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  12:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can change the surface plot to show colormap grid lines without the color fill, so that you can see those points below the surface.

1. in Grids tab, choose Grid Color = Use Colormap
2. in Surface/Projection, uncheck Fill Color, you can keep Contour Line but choose a color that is not in the colormap so you can see the contour lines clearly.

Go to Top of Page

Sams83

6 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  03:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your suggestions...I'll try it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000