The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Referring fit results in worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cal@force.

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR 5
Operating System: Win XP
Hi,
I have a dataset with 7 columns, time and 6 measurement channels.
I apply a Boltzmanns fit to the data. So far so good.
I have a worksheet with extra columns for normalized data.
Now I want to normalize the y-range of each channel to 0..1
This is done as this in "set column values":
(Col(Ch 1)-41.9)/(88.9-41.9)
-I have typed in the constants which I read from the Parameters table in sheet:FitNL1
It takes S O O L O N G T I M E to do.
I need to read and type these 3 constants in each of the 6 columns for all the measurement.
How can I refer to the data in the table instead of reading and typing?

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  3:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I updated this Wiki item
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=QuickHelp:How_do_I_access_analysis_result_table_values_from_script
which explains how to access the Report Sheet tree which contains fit results.
After a fit, you can use the __REPORT$ variable to find the most recent Report Sheet, but your use in Set Column Values can directly reference the Report Sheet by name.
Go to Top of Page

cal@force.

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  05:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Greg.

I had to try a few times until i understood how to use the data from the results table.
The first two are myfit.p1 and myfit.p2
The next column uses myfit.p5 and myfit.p6 and so on...

Carsten
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  4:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I updated this item to demonstrate the case where multiple datasets are involved (which seems to be your case) and I illustrated both naming conventions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000