The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 problem with vertical translate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sbea78

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  06:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Originpro8 SR0
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,
I often found a problem using the vertical translate command, in fact the curve, previously set as active, eventually doesn't move.
I've already encountered this problem with previous Origin versions.
What can I do?
Thank you
Beatrice

amorri45

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  4:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I too am having trouble with the vertical translate. I receive:

Origin C report Critical error

Locked data cannot be translated.

How do i unlock it?

Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Locked data cannot be translated.

You are trying to translate a curve that is the result of an analysis, you need to find the lock icon near the top left corner and click on it to open a menu and you should be able to set Recalculate to None. If Recalculate is set to None, then you can modify it.

Go to Top of Page

sbea78

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  06:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks,
I will try.

Go to Top of Page

sbea78

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  10:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've got it.
I was trying shifting a curve in a graph that was originated by duplicating an existing graph and not by creation of a new one. It was enough tho change the name of the graph from "copy of graph X" to "graph Y" to make the curve shiftable.
Ciao
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 07/13/2009 :  9:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Duplicating a graph is actually plotting again from the same datasets. The Recalculation Mode is associated with the dataset. Thus, if the curve has a recalculate mode that is not "None", you still cannot translate it. In addition, renaming the duplicated graph will not affect the Recalculate mode.

There should be a lock icon near the top left corner of your graph. Click on it. You will see a menu. Then please select Recalculate Mode: None to disable recalculation. The curve will be translatable with this recalculate mode.

If you are intersted in reading more about Recalculate, please follow this link: http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/common_analysis_features/recalculating_analysis_results.htm

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - Deanna on 07/13/2009 9:48:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

sbea78

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  06:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Deanna,
I know the lock icon you are talking about, it's the same appearing after a curve smoothing.
In this case however I duplicated the graph only for not to rewrite the axis titles, but inserting new datasets.
I work with IR spectra and I use the translate command very often with row, unelaborated data, and often the command doesn't work. Maybe there is something more than I can check, beside the recalculation mode?
Beatrice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000