The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Reading strings from note
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kemeyer

39 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  08:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 7.0558 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows XP

Hello,

Is it possible to read information from a note? I am able to write data from my worksheet to a note using the redirection, but I haven't seen anything allowing you to read strings from a note. What happens is when data is taken, a note is generated in which is listed some information I would like to include at the top of a .txt file I will export. I was hoping to get that data and put it in a new note with the data below it, and then save the note as a .txt file. However, I am stuck on how to access the strings I need from the other note. Can you help me? I thought perhaps if the strings can't be read from a note, perhaps a temporary .txt file could be made.

Thanks,
Katie

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  08:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

void nn(string strNoteWinName)
{
	Note nw(strNoteWinName);
	out_str(nw.Text);
}

Go to Top of Page

kemeyer

39 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Thank you so much! For whatever reason, I didn't see that in the help files I was searching through.

When I executed that command, it printed it to the script window. When I redirected it to a note page Notes, I got an error. Can I save it to a string somehow or put it right into a different note page?

Also, is there any way that you can search to read just a section of a note? The note I have has a lot of excess information that is generated, and I only want the comments portion. In each note it is the same, and the string reads:

comment="The comment is in here"

It is the first and only occurance of the word comment within the note so might I be able to search for it and then read the text between the quotation marks?

Edited by - kemeyer on 07/17/2009 09:56:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000