The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 enlarging color platte
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yael

Israel
4 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  08:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): version 7
Operating System: windows XP

I currently have 40 colors in my palette. How can I add to this number ?
Thanks

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  6:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
how do you use so many colors?

CP
Go to Top of Page

yael

Israel
4 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  12:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The feature I utulize are actually refering to colors by significant names and numbers. What I do is add a 'new' color and name it, so it always refers to a certain measurement in my experiment.
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do you use these named colors in a script? How do you refers to colors by name?

Would you provide a a more detailed description? For example, are you using them for line plots? scatter plots?

CP

Go to Top of Page

yael

Israel
4 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I generate my data (after some QC) and add a column of color code, which is a number in the range of 1..40. Each no. corresponds to color on Origin's list (Format/palette). Now, when plotting the data, using line and symbols, you can set the color of the symbol by its index (click twice on graph & you get plot details dialog box, go to symbol color, press button, one option is indexing. Choose the proper column in your data set).

Yael
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yael,

Instead of mapping the fill color as Indexed on the third column, select Color Mapping and map to this third column. Then a new Color Map tab will appear which will allow you to change the color map by specifying start and end colors, and even click and change individual colors.

The index method is limited to 24 colors whereas for color map there is no such limit. And in later versions (try the 8.0 demo) a Microsoft palette file can be used as color map, so a palette file with say 256 colors can be applied.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000