The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot 3D surface and point together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

circumvent

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  7:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:8 SR3

Hi,

I can plot 3D scattering data, or plot 3D surface (a function z=f(x,y)). However they do not go together. Can anyone tell me how to plot them together?

Basically, I need to plot a 3D surface through a function z=f(x,y)based on some theory, and I want to put my experimental data in and show that they are very close to the surface.

Thanks,

Jinbo

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  9:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can plot the matrix generated from z=f(x,y) into a surface plot first and then select your XYZ data from your worksheet and drag and drop that into the surface plot.

If you want to see the surface and the XYZ scatter together, you might want to plot the surface as wireframe and then turn on second color (Duel Color Grid) to user like 4 (number of lines). This way the major grid and the minor grid can have different colors and will create a somewhat see through surface to see which XYZ scatter point is above the surface and which is below.

CP
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/27/2009 :  10:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also, we have a tutorial here shows you how to combine the 3D scatter and 3D wire frame together.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000