The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Asymmetrical Gaussian
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

busigor

5 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver 7 SR4:
Operating System Windows XP SP3:
What is the name of BiGauss (Asymmetrical Gaussian) function in Origin 7? Thanks!

larry_lan

China
Posted - 08/04/2009 :  01:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

No such built-in function. You can create one like this tutorial.

Thanks
Larry

Edited by - larry_lan on 08/04/2009 8:53:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

busigor

5 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  2:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Larry!

When I tried to incorporate if funcion to NLCFit in the user defined function and compile it, I receive the following error:
C:\Program Files\Microcal\Origin 6.0\OriginC\system\internal.c(349) :Error, cannot find DLL @OUTL for external function

The part I paste to the function window:
// Divide the curve by if condition.
if(x<xc)
{
// Fitting function
y=y0 + (A1/(w1*sqrt(PI/2)))*exp(-2*((x-xc)/w1)^2);
}
else
{
y=y0 + (A2/(w2*sqrt(PI/2)))*exp(-2*((x-xc)/w2)^2);
}
// To make compile success.
y0; w1; w2; A1; A2;

I will appreciate your comments! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 08/04/2009 :  9:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

What's your Origin version? You said it's 7 SR4 in the first post, but the path of the error code is Origin 6.0. Could you please verify your version from "Help : About Origin"?

For Origin 7, you can get an updated file here, or maybe this link can help.

Thanks
Larry

Edited by - larry_lan on 08/04/2009 9:48:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

busigor

5 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  5:28:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Larry!

Version is as I wrote in the original post. I have checked it from "Help : About Origin". We initially purchased Origin 6.0 then bought an upgrade to 7.0 version. Basically, Origin 6.0 was installed first, followed by upgrade to the same directory, and finally I have applied Service Release 4.
When I try to compile it form the code builder it gives me the same error. Shouldn't #include <origin.h> line be in the *.fit file?
Thank you again!

Edited by - busigor on 08/06/2009 10:47:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  6:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 7 is no longer a supported product, best to get Origin 8 and this can be easily resolved then.

CP
Go to Top of Page

busigor

5 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  8:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a useful answer! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000