The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 ADODB connection and language related settings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

additive

Germany
109 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  09:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.1 and SR1:
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,
i'm trying to import data using an ADODB connection based on MySQL and using PutRecordset() method. The character set of the database used is latin1 / latin1_german1_ci. Unfortunately, umlaut and other foreign chars are not imported correctly: 'äöüß' or '°' will be displayed as '„”á' or 'ø' in the worksheet. Adding "Current Language=German" or "Current Language=G" in the connection string doesn't show any effect.

Can you help me?
Thanks a lot,
--Michael

Sophy

China
Posted - 02/01/2010 :  9:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Michael:

Thanks for the report. We've checked the problem and found it depend on some Language and Regional settings.

As we found when retrieving data from data source, Origin is able to get the bytes correctly before converting them according to  local code page settings.

If select Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Advanced, set the Language for non-Unicode programs as German(Germany) or English(United States),
    Origin and import and display the data record correctly, but if set as Chinese(PRC), chars will not be imported correctly.

So please check your Regional and Language settings and try to import the data again. Or would you please show us your Language settings here? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

additive

Germany
109 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
thank you for trying out. The local settings described in your post had been set to German, but I figured out that the code page of my command window has been reset somehow (don't know why), but it was on 850 instead of 1252 common for Windows latin1.

However, thanks to Easwar I tried the new option of Worksheet::PutRecordset()

OSTREADRS postReadRS;
postReadRS.nCodePage = 850;

Characters did change but were not the same as in the console window. Setting console code page to 1252 and using PutRecordset default settings display the data record correctly now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000