The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Stacking scatter plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hofmannt

USA
Posted - 04/26/2010 :  8:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8.0.63.988 SR6
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Hi all,

I have several curves that I would like to stack in a particular sequence.
I'm using several layers and the stack indidual option.
This works fine for graphs plotted in line style. As soon as I have a scatter plot in my layer, the stacking feature doesn't work properly anymore, e.g. if I put a particular y offset value, the graph will still sit on its original baseline.
As a work-around I put all scatter plots in one layer and tried to stack them invidually in there - no luck. If I group all graphs within this layer, I can use the Auto Gap%, Constant, and Cumulative option, but I still can't define individual offsets since this option is not available.

Any help on how to tackle this issue is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  04:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use the following work-around:

1>Make stack lines by Y offsets, you can highlight the data and select the menu item Plot: Multi-Curve: Stack Lines by Y Offsets.

2>Double click on the plot to open the Plot Details dialog, change the individual Y offset you want for each plot under the Offset tab.

3>After setting the individual Y offset, change the Plot Type to Scatter in the lower left drop-down list (will be available when selecting any plot in the left panel).

Penn
Go to Top of Page

hofmannt

USA
Posted - 04/27/2010 :  7:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sweet, it works! Thanks Penn!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000