The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 two subtle conception
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

xinfeei

China
1 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): originpro v8 sr3
Operating System:xp

when i use the " Nonparametric Tests ", i'm confused by two tests type:

the Two-Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test,it returns me a judge that two samples have the same ditribution

and the Mood's Median Test, it returns me a judge that the population of the two samples are same.

Is there some subtle difference between these two statement??
appreciate for your help!

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  04:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The difference maybe come from the theories. The Two-Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is to decide that two independent samples have been drawn from the same population (or from populations with the same distribution). And the Mood's Median test is used to test the equality of medians from two or more populations and holds no assumptions about specific distribution.

In a two-sample t-test you are able to test two sample means against each other. Analysis of Variance allows you to test if multiple means are equal to each other.

Penn

Edited by - Penn on 06/01/2010 05:12:55 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000