The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to back up the default UFF location, please?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jmit

9 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  05:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I did a mistake when I started setting up the origin 8.1SR3 software on my computer.

Indeed, I have selected the desktop as the User Files Folder (UFF) location but each time I run over Origin, a lot of files are generated and messed up my windows desktop screen. How can I go back and select another location for User Files Folder (UFF)?
I tried several times to fully remove origin 8.1 from my computer and restart the installation but no success. The set up process does not propose me again the user interface where I can select the standard UFF location.
Thx for your kind support

best regards
jmit

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jmit,

You could have contacted tech support before re-installing...it is not necessary to re-install.

In the Origin main menu, there is a "Tools|Change User Files Folder..." menu item, please try that. If you have further problems with this, please contact tech support.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jmit

9 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  4:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
here is a solution
jerome

1. Open Origin
2. Click on the Window menu and select Script Window to open the Script Window
3. Type del -path
4. Press Enter
5. Select Yes when asked if you want to delete your User Files Folder
6. Restart Origin
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  4:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jmit,

Glad that the issue is resolved for you.

Yes, del -path works as well. The benefit of the tool under Tools menu is that it has a check box to transfer files from current location to new location, so that can be helpful if you have any customized files.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000