The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D XYZ plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

omchen

2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  07:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey everybody,

I am using Origin Pro 8 on Win 7 64 bit.
I have come simple x- y- z-data and I am able to plot it properly. But in addition, I would like to add a second x-y plot on the "surface" of the xyz plot, with the same axis. Is that possible?

Another question woul be how to plot 2 different xyz plots in one graph. I can't manage to find out how to do that.

many thanks.
robert.

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/15/2010 :  02:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Omchen,

You cant plot a XY plot to the 3D graph directly. But there is a workaround.
Add another column and set it as Z for the XY data, then fill it with zero. After that, plot it as a 3D scatter to the 3D graph window.

To plot different XYZ plots in a graph, you can plot one of them firstly, then drag-and-drop another XYZ data to the graph window. Of course, you can use Plot Setup dialog to create it too.
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/Category/Plot_Setup.html

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 07/15/2010 02:43:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

omchen

2 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  04:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your answer. It worked great.

I didn't try the drag-n-drop. I was looking for a "add plot" button or something like that...

regards,
robert
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000