The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D color surface plotting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mlmOrigin

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  02:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
Hi,
I have a 2D data matrix (m*n) generated from Matlab. These data represent values of a variable at m*n points in a XY plane (Z = Zo -> constant). There are 'm' no of X values and 'n' no of Y values.

In matlab I plot a surface showing the variation of the variable in XY plane, using a color to denote the value of the variable at points in the plane (using meshgrid and surf commands).

Can someone tell me how to draw a 3D surface in Origin which where the color will represent the value of the variable at the data points?

Thanks
Regards,
Mlm

mlmOrigin

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  04:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

quote:
x = 1:10;
y = 10:10:100;
z = 3;
data_ = rand(10,10);
[Xmesh, Ymesh,Zmesh] = meshgrid(x,y,z);
surf(Xmesh, Ymesh,Zmesh,data_)

Using a program similar to above, I can generate the colored surface in matlab as shown in the top figure.

What I'm looking for is a way to get a similar plot using Origin when I have the X,Y, Z and Data values?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/28/2010 :  02:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

This feature will be supported in the next version, 8.5.0.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000