The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Wav Exporting - Non linear sample interval
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jujumoi

Brazil
Posted - 07/30/2010 :  08:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR3
Operating System:Vista 64 bits
Hi everyone,
I need to export a WAV file having a non linear sample interval. I could only export a file to WAV by assining a fixed sample interval in a column Y. However, when I export, it Origin says that it is possible to assing a X column as the sample interval. However, I tried to create a X column with the value of time (in seconds), but when I try to export, the message requiring a X column is still there and thus doesn´t let me export the file. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thank you,

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  06:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear jujumoi,

I cannot reproduce your problem. I listed my steps below:

1. Start with a new workbook. In sheet 1, fill X column with values from 1 to 2 with a linear interval of 0.002. Fill Y column with some row data. Double click on the column header to bring up the Column Properties dialog. Select Numeric from Format drop-down list, and select Long/Short/Byte from Data Type drop-down list. That is because only Long, Short and Byte data types are supported to export as WAV file.

2. Select File: Export: Sound (WAV) from the main menu. In the Sound dialog, check Show Options Dialog checkbox. Click Save button to open the expWAV dialog.

3. Type 2 in Column combo box because Y column is the second column.

Press OK button to export sheet 1 as WAV file.

Did I miss some things which can lead to the problem?

Edited by - AmandaLu on 08/02/2010 9:21:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  08:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi jujumoi,

It seems that AmandaLu didnt understand your question.

You want to export WAV with XY format? Is that a supported WAV format and is there a software that can read that?

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000